One of the six checkpoints we traveled through during New Holland Agriculture’s First in the Field Media Event was on their new discbines. New Holland has taken discbines to a whole new level with even more durability and functionality with their two new center-pivot models. Discbine 313 and 316 are designed for cleaner cutting, more efficient crop flow and smoother, more effective conditioning.
- The MowMax II cutter bar offers improved durability and the ShockPRO fail safe system.
- The WideDry conditioning system is 22.5% wider than New Holland’s previous models.
- These models offer simplified drivelines with single drive shaft and advanced shielding with high density, bi-fold upper shielding, reducing the weight by 75%.
- A two-speed conditioning system is adjustable for the perfect hay quality.
- The LeaningEdge flail conditioning allows for even faster drying.
- Those working in energy crops like cane and corn stover might be interested in the new BioMass Kit.
During the media event I spoke with Brand Marketing Manager for Hay & Forage Crop Preparation Products, Seth Doman. Not only did he share more insight into these proven technologies, but also when farmers can find them at their local New Holland dealership.
Listen to my interview with Seth from here: [wpaudio url=”http://zimmcomm.biz/new-holland/new-holland-ag-13-doman-discbine.mp3″ text=”Interview with Seth Doman”]
View photos from the event here: 2013 New Holland Ag Media Event Photo Album