With corn tassels popping rapidly across the Corn Belt, growers continue scouting and are beginning to think about harvest prep work as well as fall fertilization strategies. While attending this week’s InfoAg 2009 conference, precision.agwired.com caught up with Ag Leader Technology’s Jeff Bentley to gain more insight into grower use of accurate fertilizer control.
In this interview, Bentley, who heads up sales for Ag Leader’s DirectCommand precision farming control systems, talks about several valuable and efficient fertilizer application strategies (broadcast, variable-rate and prescription) that growers and commercial applicators are controlling with their Insight and Edge systems:
· More straight and variable-rate anhydrous application
· More use of our injection system to add N-Serve to stabilize N over the winter
· More use to control granular application of P & K with an air cart in strip till operations
· More control of commercial-type spinner-spreader applicators—where users can control and apply up to 5 different products in one pass
· Greater input cost savings and environmental stewardship
Listen to Jeff’s interview…[audio:http://precision.agwired.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2009/07/jeffbentley19.mp3]