- Ceres Imaging has announced the release of results of a new rice imagery study showing successful prediction of rice nitrogen uptake at panicle initiation. The study validates the possibility of generating nitrogen topdressing recommendations directly from remotely-sensed data with reduced or no physical sampling.
- John Deere was presented with six AE50 Awards for outstanding innovations that improve production agriculture. Each year the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers recognizes 50 of the most innovative product-engineering designs in the food and agriculture industry, with its AE50 Awards, as chosen by international engineering experts.
- Pollination Network, a mobile app that helps local farmers and growers find bees and beekeepers, launched this week in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. The app helps beekeepers to find jobs with nearby growers, and it allows growers to post public listings and hire beekeepers within the app.
- EFC Systems, Inc. announced the 3rd generation planning functionality with the AgSolver engine is now available as part of the enterprise FieldAlytics platform for Field Data Management.
- Alltech Crop Science, the agronomic division of Alltech, announced the winner of The Grain Escape sweepstakes: Mr. Ray Tucker. The contest, which ran through December 9, 2018, was open to any grower in the United States who farmed at least 10 acres of land and was at least 18 years of age. The winner was chosen in a random drawing on December 14.
- Birko launches its Elite 360® Precision Application Technology at the International Production and Processing Expo, held Feb. 12-14, 2019, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
- HELM Agro US, Inc. has added Zone Elite to the company’s ‘ZONE’ herbicide family for U.S. soybean growers.
- Speakers, panels and exhibitors at the 2019 Salinas Valley Ag Technology Summit on March 26-27 will highlight how industry players can leverage innovation for increased productivity and strategic advantage in an era of rapid change. With a theme of “Tomorrow’s Technology You Can Use Today,” the summit at Hartnell College in Salinas will focus on how to incorporate emerging technologies in all aspects of fresh produce growing, processing, sales, marketing and distribution.
- Valent U.S.A. LLC announced the launch of Fierce® MTZ Herbicide – a stand-alone liquid formulation that combines the company’s leading herbicide, Fierce Herbicide, with the added benefit of metribuzin. The company has received U.S. EPA approval, and first sales are expected in the 2019 growing season.