- The Farm Foundation Forum on Wednesday, November 1 will explore the forces that drive soil and water conservation on farms today. It will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the National Press Club in Washington D.C. Register to attend in person or online.
- Wingtra, a drone company fast becoming an industry favorite for its aerial data collection, has formed a partnership with Pix4D. The relationship will provide end-to-end solutions including 2D map and 3D model construction from aerial data, and will offer Wingtra’s users the entire Pix4D software suite.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt has appointed Jim Gulliford of Missouri as regional administrator for Region 7. Mr. Gulliford will oversee environmental protection efforts in: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.
- Partnership for Ag Resource Management is pleased to announce that 62 Great Lakes Basin ag retailers participating in the program reported 2016 sales of products and services like variable rate technology that help keep phosphorus fertilizer on cropland and out of waterways. Variable rate phosphorus application in the Sandusky River Watershed increased 19% last year, from 51% to 70% of acreage serviced by participating ag retailers.
- Jeremy Peters, chief executive officer of the National Association of Conservation Districts, has earned the Center for Behavioral and Experimental Agri-Enveironal Research (CBEAR) prize for Agri-Environmental Innovation.