- Rural Media Group has brought Janet Shope on board as VP of Advertising Sales for RFD-TV and Rural Radio Channel 147 on SiriusXM. Shope has more than 20 years of Cable, Radio and Broadcast sales experience and was previously Senior Account Executive with Sinclair Broadcast Group.
- The Georgia Peanut Commission is hosting “Photos from the Field,” a photo contest to help fill the pages of next year’s Georgia Peanut Calendar. Contest submission forms are due October 1, 2017.
- Brandon Willis, the former administrator of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Risk Management Agency, has released a new study exposing the misleading ideas in the Heritage Foundation’s narrative that there is no place for farm policy in America. You can read the study in its entirety or catch up with seven key points here.
- DTN has announced enhancements to DTN Connect, its innovative agriculture retailer offering. The system’s consolidation of critical data provides insights for more informed conversations between users and their customers.
- WinField is celebrating the opening of their new 55,000 square-foot facility. The United Innovation Center replaces the former WinField Product Development Center and Spray Analysis System.
- Roger Johnson, President of the National Farmers Union, released a response to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s announcement of proposed lower obligations for renewable fuel usage under the Renewable Fuel Standard. The proposal reduces obligations for total renewable fuel volumes, biomass-based diesel, and advanced biofuel if finalized.
- The American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture has announced a winner in the Purple Plow Challenge. Kitchen to Garden to Kitchen, a homeschool team from Port Orange, Florida, received a 3-D printer and gift card to support future educational investments.