Enroll Now for ARC or PLC in 2017

Kelly MarshallCrop Insurance, USDA

usda-logoIf your farm is covered by the Agriculture Risk Coverage (ARC) or Price Loss Coverage (PLC), now is the time to visit you local FSA office to sign contracts and enroll for 2017.  Starting this month, the enrollment period will continue until August 1, 2017, says FSA Administrator, Val Dolcini.

“FSA issued more than $7 billion in payments in October 2016 under the ARC-County and PLC programs for the 2015 crop to assist enrolled producers who suffered a loss of price or revenue or both,” said Dolcini. “Since shares and ownership of a farm can change year-to-year, producers on the farm must enroll by signing a contract each program year. I encourage you to contact your local FSA office today to schedule an appointment to enroll.”

Farms must be enrolled during the 2017 enrollment period to be eligible for financial assistance from either the PLC or ARC programs.  Producers already enrolled from 2015 are required to re-enroll for the next growing season.