Farm Market iD has announced an update of it’s farm and land database to include the Harvest year 2014.
At it’s most recent, FMiD’s proprietary fact-based database includes information for more than 402 million planted production acres. The land represents over 1.9 million individuals farming more than 1.4 million farms that generate $197 billion in gross farm income in the Harvest Year 2014.
Key highlights of this year’s update:
- Expanded geospatial capabilities providing aggregated data for watershed boundaries at the HUC8 (Hydrologic Unit Code) level
- FMiD unique land attributed with the most recent NOAA Severe Weather Data Inventory
- The ability to identify unique land and crop combinations with the NRCS Soil Survey Geographic (SURRGO) database
- A new and improved California file reporting on all 58 counties in the state covering over 120 crop/crop groups
- Digital advertising capabilities through Oracle BlueKai
You can learn more about Farm Market iD on their website.