Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings, LLC announces its investment in a new Midwestern wholesale business, Meridian Agriculture Distribution. Pinnacle is pleased to announce that Tom Hart, a veteran in the agriculture wholesale business with over 30 years of experience, will lead the development and day-to-day operation of the brand.
“I am excited about the process of building Meridian. When retailers see the breadth of products, services and knowledge that Meridian can provide, they will recognize that we understand and are here to serve their businesses. The building process begins with quality people. We have already hired sales representatives in several territories and will be actively seeking good people to fill the rest of the business,” notes Hart.
In addition to providing retailers with supplier-branded products at service levels retailers expect, Meridian will offer retailers numerous opportunities to differentiate themselves from their competitors including:
– Altitude Crop InnovationsTM, LLC, Meridian’s wholesale products company, solely dedicated to independent retailers and cooperatives.
– Opti-Gro®, Pinnacle’s robust and unbiased precision ag platform. Technology optimized in Pinnacle’s southern geography, Meridian will now offer this service and technology to its customers throughout the Midwest.
– Retailer financing packages.
– Private labeling opportunities for retailers. Retailers will have the opportunity to market their own brands of products selected from Altitude Crop Innovation’s library of formulas and technologies.
– AgOne Application ServicesTM, Pinnacle’s aerial application division, that may be called on during heavy pest or disease outbreaks.
– Marketing assurance programs.
“Our first priority will be to efficiently and cost effectively distribute supplier brands. R&D companies are critical to production agriculture and Meridian will be a strong supporter and distributor for those companies. However, it is the full package of products, tools and services that we provide that will set us apart.”