Join the Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City on July 17 to learn more about the opportunities and challenges facing the agricultural industry regarding big data. This forum will feature a number of national speakers touching on different aspects of this increasingly popular and important topic.
Bid data refers to the generation of enormous amounts of data due to new technologies for measurement, collection and storage. While producers have been collecting data on their farms for decades, this is taking it to the next level, and agricultural companies are developing more ways to gather that data than ever before.
The program includes:
– Introduction, Mary Kay Thatcher, Senior Director, Congressional Relations, American Farm Bureau
– “Unmanned Aircraft: Big Data Takes Flight,” Mark Blanks, UAS Program Manager Applied Aviation Research Center, Kansas State University
– “Gathering Data and Helping Farmers Use It (John Deere FarmSight™),” Cory Reed, Sr. VP, Intelligent Solutions, John Deere; John Raines, Vice President, Integrated Farming Systems, The Climate Corporation & Monsanto; Bruce Rasa, CEO, TekWear LLC
– “Agribusiness Data Privacy Legal Issues: The Landscape, Emerging Issues and Risk Management,” Al Saikali, Co-Chair Data Security & Data Privacy Practice, Shook, Hardy & Bacon
– Technology on the Farm: Producers Perspective, Matt Danner, Templeton Family Farms; Nick Guetterman, Guetterman Bros. Farms; Brooks Hurst, Hurst Family Farms