AgGateway’s Mid-Year Meeting is right around the corner and will feature information on eBusiness activities in agriculture. The event will be held June 9-12 at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa.
“Join us at the Mid-Year Meeting to network and to learn from others that are already seeing the immense benefits of electronic connectivity between trading partners,” said AgGateway CEO Rod Conner. “This is a great opportunity to meet with colleagues and trading partners, and to see what AgGateway is all about.”
– An orientation luncheon for first-time attendees on the first day of the meeting;
– The first meeting of the new Data Privacy and Security Committee to review a draft white paper and begin defining data classifications that will drive committee work over the next six months;
– An overview and demonstration of the Conversion Toolbox from the Standardized Precision Ag Data Exchange (SPADE) Project;
– A demonstration of the Precision Ag Irrigation Leadership (PAIL) Project standards, based on the completed data schemas;
– An educational session on bar coding solutions in inventory control to improve data accuracy and reduce cycle time;
– Review of a new field sample standards project (Modus), which aims to create and maintain a field sample data exchange;
– Educational sessions on unique identifiers covering common uses, benefits and AgGateway resources; and on Global Location Numbers (GLNs) and opportunities to expand their use in the ag Industry; and
– Meetings of the AgGateway Councils, including Feed, Grain, Seed, Crop Protection, Crop Nutrition, Ag Retail, Allied Providers, and more.
The registration fee for the meeting is only $75, discounted to $50 for first-time attendees. To register, go to the Mid-Year Meeting page under “Events” at AgGateway.org.