The recently announced SMS Water Management Module from Ag Leader boasts a variety of features to help take the guesswork out of planning a tile system. So what are some of the new enhancements?
• Use the new Tile Plan Editor features to create ideal field tiling plans without the difficulty of manual calculations.
• Easily validate that tile runs are sized appropriately to meet drainage capacities.
• Export premade tile plans to field display for efficient in-field installation.
• Share tile plans with others using mapping programs like Google Earth.
• Edit, move and expand existing tile runs to create an update tile plan.
• Create the best field tile plan by comparing multiple installation plans for cost and drainage efficiency.
Aaron Friedlein, Certified Crop Advisor and Ag Leader product manager, explains the basics of field drainage tile and why it is helpful for growers.[wpaudio url=”http://precision.agwired.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/09/AF1.mp3″ text=”Listen to Friedlein explain”]
Friedlein gives us an overview of the new enhancements and capabilities.[wpaudio url=”http://precision.agwired.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2013/09/AF2.mp3″ text=”Listen to Friedlein explain”]
The Water Management Module is an add-on to the SMS Advanced software; all of the new features will be available with the v13 update coming later this fall.
Become a fan of Ag Leader on Facebook today, and get the latest precision ag videos on the YouTube channel. For more information about Ag Leader products and services, or to visit the blog site, go to www.agleader.com.