Trimble announced the Connected Farm Fleet app built to serve managers and technicians by enabling them to access their fleet information from any location. Using smartphones and tablets, the app enables the fleet management portion of Trimble’s industry-leading Connected Farm Web solution to go mobile. With the app, managers can track the location of vehicles, receive geo-fence and curfew alerts, analyze vehicle status, and view historical positions.
The app can display current status information such as whether the vehicle is idling, moving, working or delayed. This information flows into the Connected Farm Web solution, which allows managers to analyze the efficiency and productivity of their fleet.
Features of the Connected Farm Fleet app include:
- View the position and status of each vehicle overlaid on background imagery or road maps
- Map the locations of landmarks (such as structures, storage locations, irrigation/drainage, etc.) and view them for reference when navigating in remote areas
- Use turn-by-turn navigation to locate vehicles from your current position
- Receive geo-fence and curfew alerts
- View historical positions
The free Connected Farm Fleet app is expected to be available in the third quarter of 2013 and is compatible with a variety of smartphones and tablets using an iOS or Android operating system.