June is National Safety Month, but the Association for Equipment Manufacturers is encouraging those who operate machinery to practice safety 365 days a year.
“The message of safety is one we should never get complacent about. We need to wake up every day, 365 days a year, with a commitment to being safety conscious,” said James Vos, AEM safety materials manager.
The Association outlines five basic tips to help workers focus on safety:
- Take advantage of safety training that is available.
- Be alert and know the work area and the equipment.
- Follow the rules of safe equipment preparation and start-up, operation and maintenance.
- Set an example: for your well-being and the protection of others, encourage fellow workers to act safely.
- Put it in personal terms: think what is important to you that makes you want to stay safe.
AEM also offers safety products like manuals, videos, and posters. Find the complete line of AEM safety materials at safetymaterials.org.